Submit a Request
JULY 4TH PARADE REGISTRATION
- All parade entries must be submitted no later than JUNE 16th,2023 -
Note that parade entry is limited and will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
General Parade Rules for all participants, spectators, and volunteers:
- All animals must remain on a leash and under the owner’s control at all times. Owners are responsible for immediately cleaning up pet waste during and/or after the parade.
- No type of lewd, abusive, or inappropriate language or behavior will be allowed.
- No alcoholic beverage of any type will be allowed.
- No smoking, vaping, or tobacco use of any kind.
- No weapons of any kind will be allowed. This includes “toy” weapons.
- At no time is anyone permitted to step into or obstruct the parade route in any way. If candies, trinkets, or personal belongings are dropped in the roadway, do not attempt to retrieve them, until the parade has ended.
- In the event of severe inclement weather on the radar, the AHPOA General Manager will determine whether to cancel the parade by 8:00 am on July 4th and relay this information via the heading banner on the front page of www.aquiaharbour.org, as well as the official “Aquia Harbour Property Owner’s” publicly viewable Facebook page. A member of the CEC will also send an email to the email address you provide on this form, once notified by the AHPOA GM.
Rules of Participation:
- All parade entries including floats, vehicles, walkers, etc. will adhere to the theme of the parade. All participants must adhere to patriotic or red, white, and blue-type themes.
- Parade entries must maintain a FORWARD MOTION at all times. Motorized parade entries will not be driven directly at or toward spectators at any time. All instructions and directions from Parade officials must be obeyed.
- There is no minimum age to participate. However, participants under ten (10) years of age that ride on a float, in a vehicle, walk or ride a bike must be accompanied by a person 18 years or older at all times.
- All persons riding motorcycles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc. must wear a helmet and/or protective gear.
- If a unit is removed from the parade route for any specific reason, it is not allowed to re-enter.
- All motor vehicles must drive slowly and keep front windows rolled down until parked.
- No motor vehicles are permitted in the stables driveway.
- Where applicable, operators of motorized parade entries must provide a copy of proof of liability insurance as part of their parade application. A valid driver's license and current vehicle registration must be available on parade da
- Giveaways/candies/trinkets/flags/swag must be handed out to spectators, but please no throwing from vehicles.
- Keep one car length between your group and the group in front of you at all times.
- The Aquia Harbour Independence Day Parade is presented for entertainment purposes only and is meant to be a family-friendly event. It is not designed as a forum for political or social discourse; therefore, no such entries will be allowed. The AHPOA along with the Community Events Committee shall, in its sole discretion, determine whether an entry is appropriate for this parade. The AHPOA reserves the right to reject any entry if not in an established category of uniformity set forth in the guiding rules. Failure to comply with all rules could cause disqualification from the parade.
Once entries are approved by the committee, the entry may not be changed without prior approval of the committee (i.e. submitting an entry for walkers but bringing a float to the parade).
In consideration of the acceptance of the right to participate, entrance, participants, spectators, family, and guests, will at all times indemnify and hold harmless the Aquia Harbour Property Owners Association, the Community Events Committee, and all of its employees, agents, and officers, from all responsibility known and unknown for damage, injury, judgments, claims or liability arising from participation in the AHPOA July 4th Independence Day Parade and all Event activities.
BY SUBMISSION OF THIS REGISTRATION FORM - YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES.